Ship Access Ladder
A Coal Terminal engaged Custom Fluidpower to deliver a full engineering and project management service, hydraulic power unit, luff cylinders and two complete slew motor/brake assemblies for a Ship’s Access Ladder at Berth 2 of the facility.
The terminal operates around the clock, exporting thermal and metallurgical coal to ports around the world.
Hydraulics on Ship’s Access Ladders control the operation of the ladder from the berth to the deck of the vessel during loading. The ladder provides operator access with slewing and luffing functions as well as transition into a free float mode.
Float mode allows free movement of the hydraulic components in conjunction with the vessel’s motions at sea without damaging any fixed plant or allowing a build-up of stored hydraulic pressure.
The project was undertaken right in the outbreak stages of Covid-19 calling for responsive action when reaching out and liaising with our component suppliers. Despite component availability issues, the project was delivered, installed and commissioned on time and within budget.
- Fully contained 316 stainless steel hydraulic power unit
- 2 x luff cylinders with Custom Manifolds
- 2 x slew motor/brake assemblies with Custom Manifolds
- Field Service support for the project install
- Project Management and Quality Assurance for the duration of the project