Custom Safe Brakes
Spring Applied, Hydraulically Released Fail-Safe Caliper Brakes
Custom Fluidpower manufacture a range of spring applied, hydraulically released (SAHR) fail-safe caliper brakes under the banner Custom Safe Brakes (CSB). Our Brakes Centre of Excellence is led by a team of skilled engineers using the latest technology to bring our customers local service backed by national strength.
Storm brakes (also known as Rail Clamps) are used as holding and emergency stop brakes from moving unreliably in applications such as hoists, cranes, large belt conveyor systems, cable cars etc. They are also fail-safe and spring-applied and can be hydraulic or air-released.
Industrial Disc Brakes
Industrial disc brakes have little moving parts and have an in-built hydraulically released safety mechanism ensuring maximum protection. Industrial Disc brakes are used in heavy-duty industries such as mining, energy, entertainment, marine and shipping.
Caliper and Mobile Disc Brakes are ideal for industrial machines and mobile equipment applications. They are ideal for providing primary, emergency, and secondary braking. Designed for applications in the agriculture, construction, mining, airport support and forestry industries.
The CSB 200 is a spring applied and hydraulically released fail-safe disc brake with a clamping force up to 12,000 N. Download pdf
The CSB 300 is a spring applied and hydraulically released fail-safe disc brake with a clamping force up to 60,000N. Download PDF
The CSBH 3000 is a spring applied and hydraulically released fail-safe disc brake with a clamping force up to 160,000 N. Download PDF
The CSBH 5000 is a spring applied and hydraulically released fail-safe disc brake with a clamping force up to 250,000 N. Download PDF
The CSAB 300 is a spring applied and hydraulically released fail-safe disc brake with a clamping force up to 40,000 N. Download PDF
- Designed in Australia for tough mining conditions
- Mechanical safety lockout
- Lower operating pressure
- Minimum moving parts
- Stainless steel adjusting screw and pad retainers
- Cartridge style spring pack
- Safety package upgrade kit for existing Calipers
- Suitable for marine and corrosive environments
The CSB range is easily interchangeable with other similar industrial brake products. Custom Brakes also manufactures hydraulic power units to operate hydraulically released, fail-safe, spring-applied brake caliper. There are standard models available, which we can customise to suit your needs.
Power Unit Standard Features
- Modular system – flexible design options for easy upgrade, size selection of pump, motor, reservoir and operation controls to suit your braking needs.
- Comprehensive manuals – with every unit in hard and electronic copy making setup and troubleshooting easy with all components simply marked in relation to the power unit.
- Pilot Operated Pressure Relief and Pressure Compensated Flow Control Valves – easy to set-up without expensive equipment or specialist personnel.
- Fitted with Sun Cartridge Valves – quality and reliability that comes with the bet cartridge valve in the world.
- Australian Made – providing with local support and readily available parts at economical prices.